Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Falling in Love All over again!

November 12, 2005 Marks the day I met my amazing Husband. Its been 4 crazy years since that night I decided to go on that "blind date" my aunt Bettina and Jeff's Mom set us up on.
I must admit it I was not totally ready or even willing to date anyone and just thought I would go out of the convinence that it was the same place my friend was having a Birthday party " Big Bang" in Tempe. http://www.thebigbangbarstore.com/
I couldn't believe what I saw walking up the sidewalk in jeans and a white t-shirt. We had spoke on the phone and he was told that I was new to the area (Scottsdale) and I needed to be shown around, soooo not true. He told me he was a pilot and I half believed him. He told me he was Indian and Scottish/Irish ....I was like ewwwww weird combination. So much to my surprise he was a gorgeous tall drink of water with a ton in common with me. Who knew ???!!
Since this day we became so deeply in love and instantly wanting to spend our lives together. January of 2006 we started a contract to build our house , November 2006 we got engaged, March 2007 we were married, then this month we welcomed our first child.
There have been a ton of hardships through the past four years, in fact we are still facing them currently. All in all we have managed to stay the best of friends and the love keeps growing and growing with each new journey.

" When you know , you know"!

I'm truly blessed with such a man as he and I wanted the world to know its so worth it once you've found it.

I love you Powder !

4 comments:

Amie said...

awwwwww sooo nice! i love you guys! so glad you met each other - you have a great story!

Margaux and Danny said...

love that story! but sweetie - been 3 years hehe....but whos counting! i only know b/c thats about danny/margaux time...we met in ealry Jan 06 and then first date was Jan 31st..the rest is history as with you guys!

hows the sleep going?!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your "meeting" anniversary :) So much has happened in such a short time. I am so thankful that blind date worked out so well. Not only do I have an amazing daughter-in-law whom I love so much, but I have a beautiful new grandson. I can't wait for Alistair to meet his amazing cousins.
Love you lots.
MOM

The Buckner Bunch said...

I understand about the "when you know, you know"- I knew the first time I talked with Eric on the phone that he was the one!