Monday, May 10, 2010

Mom's Day in the Woods

What to do What to do !!
Well since it was only going to be MOM's on Mother's day and all the Dad's were away, we decided to hit the dusty trail to Strawberry /Pine/ Payson for the afternoon after church. This is the ONLY picture taken while in Strawberry , because honestly there is NOTHING to do there, but stop for a potty break. I've stayed in the A frame cabins in the past and had a blast, but I really don't remember leaving them for anything else in that town.


Alistair met a friend while up in Pine and gave him a little bear hug
I found this awesome little chair in one of the antique shops, didn't actually bring it home with us, but I thought it was sure cute
About the hit the Arizona Trail on our way out of Pine
This little guy was one of the residents of the Pine trail we were on and he was very lucky he did not get stepped on

We decided to take a little detour to the Tonto Natural Bridge http://azstateparks.com/parks/TONA/index.html
Talk about amazing !
This Bridge is on the way out of Pine, AZ and almost to Payson
My little hiker, loves being outdoors with his Nana and Grandma

This is the view from View point 2 , even though you could see the Bridge much better from View point 1!

This viewpoint was actually the beginning off another trail that lead you down 500 feet to the bottom of the gorge where you could walk through the creeks and see the waterfall
I cannot really capture the beauty we saw in this Natural Bridge with the water underneath it
This was our attempt to get everyone in the picture with my small cell phone camera :)

Nothing makes me feel better then some outdoors and FRESH Air! I needed a day away from the valley badly :)

1 comment:

Margaux and Danny said...

was going to be Jack Daniel but we were getting a lot of faces with it :( My twin's name is Chris and danny thought of it - works out!

moms day looks sooo nice! ours was sunny but chilly - made me miss the AZ weather. You better soak it up while you can!