Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Disneyland ....What???!!

Due to Jeff and Tara needing a little time away from reality we decided to go crazy and spontaneous and go somewhere. We tried looking at flights in order to use our benefits before they expire and found no flights available. We racked our brains all night , till we came up with a drive to CALIFORNIA, which turned into a trip to Disneyland for the day. I have never been there , so Jeff was so excited about taking me. We left the little bean at home with Grandma for the first time overnight EVER! I thought I couldn't make it but I did .
Some of the rides at Disney were closed and we weren't able to see all over California Adventure land but the weather was great and we took off our adult/parent hats and ran around like kids !!



On our way with the Sun in our eyes to Cal i forn ia !!!!!
These windmills are HUGE, the box that holds the blades to the pole can hold up to 50 men !
You Guessed it ! DISNEYLAND

Our VERY first ride at Disneyland...in the tram to the park
Just in case we forgot where we parked , so nice to have cover parking
Couldn't believe we were finally here..! Disney here we come
THIS is NOT the Cinderella Castle I know and love, it shocked me when I compared it to the Magic Kingdom....Jeff just laughed at me the whole time we were there cause I kept saying..."why is everything so small" !!!!
The Alice in Wonderland ride...wanted to take better pics inside but it was too dark and too fast
Scary picture of what I may look like at 80 years old. This was taken in the Innovations at Tomorrowland
I told Jeff to look Terrified in this picture ! We were experiencing the Hotel Tower of Terror . I screamed my head off while Jeff simply enjoyed the 100 feet drops in the elevator ..The lobby of the Hotel Tower of Terror....ooooooooo

The Last Ride of the day was of course the Small World. Alot longer ride then I remembered :)
Overall it was a fantastic time being a kid with my husband !! Thanks for a great time babe!

3 comments:

Amie said...

Looks like a GREAT trip! Glad you two got to get out and be kids again :)

Tara- I would LOVE to look like that when I'm 80. Good for you!! :)

Margaux and Danny said...

thats so fun! what a great road trip!

Angela Jarman said...

I love Disneyland! We spent the last year there after our honeymoon on annual passes.
Oh and by the way, it is Sleeping Beauty's castle. That's why it is smaller. You should have told us you were going...we only live 20 minutes away from there.