Thursday, June 25, 2009

Baby Food coming out of our ears!

Loving his new food adventures
I would remove the skins if I did this next time...
Very easy to do , I might add. Be sure to puree very well though

We decided to try our hand at making fruit babyfood. That seems to be the favorite for breakfast for Mr. Alistair. So I took our trusty Baby food receipe book and looked up the next stage 1 fruit to eat and it was Pears! Boy were they a hit too ! 2 pears made about a medium salsa jar and enough for just a week. Alistair is now going through about 6 plus jars of baby food a day and getting hard to keep up on making it homemade, so we buy some when we see it on sale in the stores. Gonna try to make the Butternut Squash receipe tonight and see how it fares with the little man.

2 comments:

Amie said...

MMmmm! Sounds tasty! Just curious why you'd peel the pears next time? I'd think the skin would add some good fiber? Maybe that's the reason you would peel them too - too much fiber?! :)

Rosanna said...

I actually bought that same book from Niki's registry for her shower gift. Must be a goody!