Monday, November 15, 2010

Autumn Arrives!!

So at 37 1/2 weeks Ms. Autumn Victoria decided to join our family. We called up Grandma McNeill in Arizona and said "if you wanna be here for the birth , you better come now" So she got on the first plane available and left the day before baby's arrival.
We Started the 3rd day of November around 10am at Target and then the contractions HIT!!!!! I insisted on going to my favorite Italian Market Mazerro's in St Petersburg and that set her pushing . I had Jeff drop off Alistair with Grammy, pickup the hospital bag, and Grandma was going to drive us there. We got admitted right away and honestly I wasn't afraid of the delivery as much as I was afraid of the epidural ....ugh !!
I met the anasteologist immediately and he assured me all the epidural s that day went great !

We alerted all the surrounding family and friends that we were in labor and to come by later if they wanted.
Contractions were pretty bad and was measuring at a 4cm and within 40 min I was at an 8 !! After the dreaded epidural I was feeling good as promised, but then the shakes began and I literally could not control them or stop them at all.
My Doctor arrived measuring a 9 /10 and we pushed ! I am excited to say we pushed 17 min!!!! Alot bettter then when a certain son of mine took me 3.5 hours to push out. Autumn was flawless an absolute beauty and looked just like her brother measuring 6 lbs 12oz and 20in long. She arrived at 6:27pm and labored since about 10am. To all you moms out there working on your second baby, there's hope that your next delivery should be easier
We were instantly in love with her.
Aunt Shawn got me prepared to meet my daughter , but wiping away some smeared eyeliner from the earlier contractions

Epidurals are fantastic, once the scary needles go away
Met our sweet hippie chick....flashing us the peace sign
Shortly after birth, Alistair arrived with Grandma
Baby nurse was getting her measurements and cleaning her up, secretly she was thinking this was the cutest baby of the day....lolI think Big brother loved his baby sissy right away
He is still touching and counting her toes to be sure they are like his
All of us together in one hospital bed....awe our family is complete
Daddy and his baby girl
She smiles alot , must be thinking of angels
Love those big feet....her hands are just as big
Loving our new baby girl so much. Its been such an amazing joy to bring her into our world.

2 comments:

Amie said...

Great post! I'm just so happy for you guys! Now you need to update the header on your blog with a new family pic!

Katie O said...

Congrats you three!!! She is a beauty!! Hope you are all feeling great and getting some sleep ;)