Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jeff Birthday Evening Out

Our date at Cafe Boa and Theater
I had the Pinot Noir flight from Austria....pretty good
Really dark picture, but I'm sporting my new hair cut in this picture
Happy Birthday Babe....29 looks great on you
this cheese plate had walnuts, dates, grapes as well as amazing fresh cheeses from the market
I got to wear my new red shoe for the first time , and I got quite the blister from them too. I wore them in honor of Nessa's shoes



For Christmas we recieved "wicked" tickets and were able to pick the date of our choose when to see it at the Gammage. So I decided what better time to see it then on Jeff's birthday. Since the show was at 7:30pm , I thought it would be nice to go and get some dinner and have a little date while grandma so generously watched the little man for us. So after a suggestion from Amie and Jay we went to Cafe Boa in Tempe and what a wonderful time we had. Jeff and I both got flights of wine and a cheese plate so fresh from the market where the resturant goes each week. I ordered the Rosemary Ravoli with Creamy Cranberry sauce and Jeff got the Ravoli with red and white sauce. The food was amazing and so was the company. We sat there and really enjoyed watching people and catching up on "us". The Gammage was packed, not a seat open for the musical "Wicked" . I have seen this musical on Broadway in NYC with my Mother, Stepfather and Deon many christmas' ago and it was amazing then too. I was impressed with the roadshow and even the "stand in's" for "Wicked" . Jeff made me promise not to sing the songs or quote the lines , even though I was doing it under my breath. I recondmend you read the Book to fully understand the musical, but the book is NOT for children....
The pictures we took were with my camera phone so they were pretty dark, so bear with me.

2 comments:

Kiera and Joe said...

I love the new picture of the backpack! Best store find yet! Glad you and Jeff got some alone time. It looks like you had a blast! Happy B-day Jeff!

Angela Jarman said...

I love Wicked. I got to see it here in Hollywood. I can't wait to see it again. We saw Phantom at Gammage...and it's a nice place. Especially for Phoenix. Looks like a great birthday:)