Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What is a SAHM ?

A SAHM (Stay at Home Mom) is the Most important Job Position I have ever had in my life. It is the most gratifying , most tested , most enduring and the longest.
My efforts to be the best at my job sometimes fail daily. I am on a constant learning curve that I believe will never stop. I've learned to take things one at a time. Make the best of what I've got to work with.

My top 10 abilities have to be the following:
1. I'm a blanket
2. I'm a Garbage Man (woman)
3. I'm a Nurse
4. I'm a Housekeeper
5. I'm a Dogwalker
6. I'm a Counselor
7. I'm a Director
8. I'm a Soul Mate
9. I'm a Leader
10.I'm a Feeder

Knowing my duties in this position and excepting this job. I have the understanding that it is a 24/7 job with very few breaks and no salary or 401K plan. My bonus's are when I'm told that I am loved and that I am good at my job. My home is my office and my bosses are my son and husband. I love these men more then I thought possible.
So when someone asked me ," what do you do? " My answer is I'm a SAHM and proud of it.

4 comments:

Amie said...

You are an incredible mom!!! Alistair and Jeff are very lucky :)

Unknown said...

You said it!

Unknown said...

Oh, and if you are interested in reading a mom's blog who lets it out more than I do, read, The Yap (linked from my blog). She's a riot!

Margaux and Danny said...

thats so cute! i like to work so Im hoping danny could be a SAHD....hehe