Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Operation Incubator




soooo....I now have the most important job in the world! I am now an incubator for our son till his birth. Doctors orders from the hospital are to lie flat on my sides and only to get up to use the restroom and shower. Of course there is the one a only outting to the Doctors office to be checked every week. None the less Alistair will be coming in the next week or so and this will all be worth it. As of now I am 60% efaced and 2cm dialated. He's weighs approx 5 lbs and is quite long for his age. We spoke with the NICU Dr. Stevenson and he calmed some fears regarding Alistairs possible stay. Being an icubator on my birthday will be trying and difficult, but my wonderful husband says he'll be making the day special regardless.
Speaking of my husband ..... What a man! He really has proved his love for our little family by showing ultimate patience and care for us while we are going through this little period waiting and being completely incapable of doing my normal daily activities. From being my nurse's assistant in the hospital for three days to my Rock at home! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he will be as good a father to our son, when he finally arrives.
Been catching up on reading,crocheting and watching some "Baby Stories" on TLC. Being an incubator has been HARD for a very impatient and a little OCD woman as myself ,but its also been a learning experience .
So ready to be the mommy to our early little pumpkin , how great it is to share the same birth month as your child :)
Stay in tune for the ARRIVAL!

3 comments:

Amie said...

How exciting that the countdown is ON! We can't wait to meet baby Alistair in the coming weeks!

Katie O said...

Congrats. Can't wait to see the new arrival!! I didn't know you crochet!! I knit and crochet!!! That's great!! YEA!! Hope all goes well.. Incubate away!!! :)

Todd Davis said...

Ahh bedrest! Sounds like you're doing well with it though.

Get ready - you're life is going to be 100% different any minute now. And it's all worth it!